This build is also available on Market.
2.0 is the next major release and a free update for everyone, who purchased Poweramp Full Version Unlocker.
You can downgrade back to 1.4 by downloading it from official Poweramp site.
Changelog (v1.4 => v2.0):
- Direct Volume Control for new Android 2.3+ sound system where available. Direct Volume Control results in volume level equal (or higher with positive preamp) to stock player, but with the Equalizer/Tone enabled
- re-tuned equalizer/tone controls for Direct Volume Control (gives a larger range of distortion-free sound, deeper basses)
- output limiter. Ensures distortion-free sound even on extreme equalizer/tone amplification levels
- support for .mpc (sv7/sv8), .aif/.aiff
- replay gain support for all supported formats which support Replay Gain (mp3, mp4/m4a, flac, ape, wv, tta, ogg, mpc) (most effective with Direct Volume Control)
- stereo expansion effect (Stereo X)
- mix-to-mono, balance
- custom complete Library/Media Scanner implementation, 10x-100x scan speed comparing to system library tag scanner
- Music Folder hierarchical selection
- permanent shuffle. Shuffle session is stored in database and survives Poweramp restart, phone reboots etc.
- Menu => List Opts for almost each Folder/Library list with the sorting, view mode, and other per-list options
- playlist unification, no more Folders vs Library playlists
- m3u/m3u8, pls, wpl playlist file formats support
- playlist export from system Library
- embed cue support (flac, wv, ape)
- full-library and folders search
- history of songs played and other smart playlists (Most Played, Top Rated, Recently Played, Recently Added. Each list can be set to be sorted in Reverse. Enable these lists via Menu => Lists Opts in Library)
- rating system. Poweramp 2.0 stores ratings in own database only
- auto-advance options moved from Settings to Advance List repeat mode
- new Shuffle modes: shuffle songs then lists; shuffle lists, songs in order
- home screen playlist shortcut support
- voice search support (“Listen to”)
- option to ignore shuffle mode in queue
- restyled skins (larger controls, less controls initially visible, expandable menus, bigger album art, etc.)
- ability to load skins from Market/apk/jar files
- OpenGL cover animation
- grid view for folders/albums lists
- new Equalizer/Tone and Library layouts
- new configurable Lock Screen
- new configurable 4×4, 4×2, 4×1, and 2×2 widgets
- improved Settings layout and reorganized options
- lyrics download (via separate musiXmatch plugin)
- more than 100 changes in total and more are coming in the next Poweramp 2.x releases!